Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Bashar al-Assad: I won't waste my time with Syrian opposition

Bashar al-Assad, the Syrian president, has said he will not "waste his time" talking about the body leading the opposition against him, as senior members of the group accused him of scaremongering to protect his embattled regime. 

In an exclusive interview with The Daily Telegraph, President Assad dismissed the Syrian National Council, a broad front bringing together most of his main opponents. 

"I wouldn't waste my time talking about them," he said. "I don't know them. It's better to investigate whether they really represent Syrians." 

He insisted that anti-government demonstrators were being paid and were motivated by money….

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/8858667/Bashar-al-Assad-I-wont-waste-my-time-with-Syrian-opposition.html

Comment: A dictator will never share the power until it is too late.

No comments: